Wednesday 22 July 2015

The last time I met Lewis and The Way Back Up!

I said I wouldn't post again and I said I wouldn't go to see Prides again, but here I am and the promises I never kept...

After Live At Leeds, I did stay away from Prides.  I had tickets for all 3 dates of Dot To Dot festival and to see Prides at the Lighthouse in Glasgow, but I didn't go to any of these events.

However, I did still go to Barn On The Farm festival, at which Prides were playing, as I had arranged to go with my friend and also my favourite artist was also playing there. I didn't plan to actually watch Prides, but my friend obviously wanted to see them as they are still her favourite band, and when it came to their set I stayed with her and I saw them play and it was all good. It did feel a bit weird watching a band who I knew had blocked and hated me. But I was enjoying the festival so much it didn't really matter at the time. (By the way, Barn On The Farm is such a lovely festival, I recommend it to everyone!)

The Monday after Barn On The Farm, Prides were doing a live session at XFM in Manchester.  XFM had done a competition for people to win tickets to this, and I was one of the lucky winners...

I hadn't entered this competition for myself; my friend was desperate to go to this, so I entered with the intention of giving her my ticket if I won and she didn't.  But then we both ended up winning tickets - and each ticket came with a plus one too! I did feel excited to have actually won something and to have the chance to visit the XFM studio, and as I couldn't find anyone to give my tickets to, I decided to go.

When we walked into the XFM session room, Prides said hi to my friends but didn't even look at me. We sat and watched them do several songs and I enjoyed the set, they sounded lovely.  Lewis never looked in my direction, but that was fine, I was just enjoying the music.

After they had finished playing, we got told that we could all have a photo with the band on the way out.  I wasn't sure I would be allowed one, but I queued up anyway. When it came to my turn, I asked if it was ok for me to have a photo, and Stewart said 'Of course, that's what we're here for'. So I walked forward and stood between Stewart and Lewis.  Lewis stared straight ahead and didn't acknowledge I was there. Stewart asked how I was, I said I was good and asked how they were, he and Callum were both friendly and replied, but Lewis remained silent. I asked him 'are you ok Lewis?' He continued staring straight ahead and gruffly said 'yeah'.

We had a couple of photos taken, and I thanked them and started to walk off, but then much to my surprise Stewart said 'thanks for coming!' I know he had to be nice to me because there were people from XFM present, but I was still touched that he thanked me, and it did mean a lot to me. When I got home I tweeted him and thanked him for being so nice and I apologised for the negative things I had said about him in the past, but he ignored me and I still remain twitter blocked by the band.  So yeah I know it was all fake niceness from him so he wouldn't look bad in the presence of people from XFM, but still it made me happy at the time and I am grateful for that.

I wasn't surprised that Lewis was so unfriendly towards me, but at least he did let me have these photos with him. I don't know if he was deliberately looking away on the second picture or had just got distracted?!



I did feel quite humiliated that he wouldn't even look at me and did his best to ignore the fact I was there, it felt a bit dehumanizing, especially seeing how friendly he was with everyone else, chatting to them and smiling on their photos.  But it was my own fault for putting myself in that situation, what did I expect to happen?!

I know I said it before, but now I really have learned my lesson and I definitely will not go to meet Lewis ever again. He's made it clear that he can't bear to even look at me, and now he will never have to again! I had bought a ticket to Prides' album launch in London (mainly because I thought a member of their team would be there who I wanted to thank, although it doesn't seem that he was) but after what happened at XFM I didn't go. I've heard all about it from my friend though and it sounds an interesting night to say the least..!

A few people have told me that they didn't buy Prides' album 'The Way Back Up' because of how the band had treated me.  It's so sweet that people care so much, but honestly, I don't want anyone changing their opinion of Prides because of me. They are a very talented band and I have never known of them to be unkind to any other fans.  So please don't stop being a Prides fan because of me.  If you read all my posts about the times I met Lewis in the past, you can see what a lovely person he really is and how he made me so happy for many months.  Back then, he always made such an effort to be kind to me and he did some special things for me and I will never forget that.

I actually did buy 'The Way Back Up' myself, which some people said I was crazy to do after what had happened.  But as I've said before, I still enjoy Prides' music and although I am yet to listen to the full album, I love the songs on it that I already I know and I'm sure I will like the others too.  Also, I wanted a copy of the 'fanified' poster and to get my name on it.  As I was Prides' 'number 1 fan' (their words not mine) for several months, it seemed only right that I should be a part of it!


Finally I just want to say thank you so much to everyone who read my last post, I have been absolutely overwhelmed by the response I got, I have received kind messages from all over the world! Thank you all, I am so grateful and the kind words mean so much to me.  What happened with Prides in February and May did have a very negative effect on me and my mental health, but I feel much happier again now and I am moving on with my life in a positive way.  I guess that writing this post might seem like a negative backward step, but it helps me to deal with things by writing them and sharing them, and I wanted to finish my blog anyway as it felt incomplete.  I hope I am ending it on a more positive note than my previous post.

Thank you for reading and this really is my final post! No more 'Lewis Prides Fan', just me now. Goodbye!

Greer x



P.S.  Please check out my new blog! http://corvidlady.blogspot.co.uk/

24 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. No.. I was, but not now and I thought I'd conveyed that in this post but I have obviously failed!

      Delete
  2. I like the part where she puts herself into that situation and then blames the band for her feelings/mental health being affected. It's almost like she thinks she something more than she is. I don't think the band really care anymore and probably wish she'd get over herself and move on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, I actually meant after what happened at Live At Leeds, not XFM, but yeah I can see why it can be misinterpreted, I'll correct it now. Thanks for the feedback!
      I know the band don't care, I didn't write this for them and I'm sure they have much more important things to do than read my twitter to see that I've even posted a new blog.
      I wonder who you are though, as you commented less than an hour after I posted the link on my twitter that I barely even use any more. Why taking such an interest in me...?!

      Delete
    2. Ignore the haters Greer you are loved by many and it's understandable you want to share your story. I would do the same in your situation.

      Delete
    3. Re: "Anonymous 22 July 2015 at 10:26"
      I prefer the part where you pretend Greer is of so little significance you don't even address her directly but you still bother to post a comment and so soon after she uploaded this entry.
      Perhaps you need to get over this.

      Delete
    4. Thank you anonymous person for your kind words x

      And thank you Fern lol! x

      Delete
    5. If the band don't care how badly they affected the mental health of a fan who they took TWO THOUSAND POUNDS payment from earlier this year, it doesn't say much about their quality of character. Sadly for some it's just all about how much money they can make and who cares who gets hurt in the process, right?

      Delete
  3. A friend told me about this blog and all I can say is Wow. I don't understand why someone would put themselves through this amount of crap, it does come across like you are still bitter and are finding it hard to move on. I can totally understand why this band distanced themselves from you and they done the right thing. What would have happened if you took it too the next level?

    I am sure that history will repeat itself and you'll be writing this about another band or artist in a years time. All I can say is God help them.

    You seriously need to get over yourself and get a grip. There's nothing wrong with being a fan of a band, just try and remember that there's a fine line between being a fan and being an idiot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was no line in my case, I was both a fan and an idiot, I freely admit that! I regret the mistakes I made, but all I can do is apologise, which I have done many times, learn from them and move on, as I am doing.

      Come back in a year and we'll see if your little prediction is right, but I can guarantee it won't be. My fangirl days are over now.

      I never did take it to 'the next level' whatever that is, so you can speculate about what would have happened all you want, but it's irrelevant.

      Thank your friend for talking about me anyway, I'm glad someone finds me so interesting..!!!

      Delete
    2. Wow you took the time in your incredibly busy schedule to bother writing your frankly pathetic ten pennies worth on this blog? I think it might be you that needs to get a grip!
      No one needs keyboard warriors posting pointless opinions on situations they obviously know little about!

      I for one am disgusted that a fan who has supported Prides on their slow crawling climb to the "top" has been treated the way she has, I think that they need to take stock of the situation after all their debut album only managed to hit number 24 when it launched, aiming high there for a band who obviously think they don't need fans to be successful!
      C

      Delete
  4. Sorry but nothing will persuade me to buy their album. Not just because of the band's behaviour but I read some very poor reviews.
    http://www.virginmedia.com/music/reviews/prides-the-way-back-up.php 1 out of 5 stars.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nooo that review is shocking! Their music is really good!

      Delete
  5. OMG you'd think Prides owe you something the way you dribble on, having read your blogs the worst mistake Prides made was saying "Your our No1 fan" some how this gave you the status of its all about me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't get that impression from reading this blog one bit. She seems a sweet humble girl whose heart was in the right place.
      The worst mistake Prides made was in doing the dj set. They took her two thousand pounds payment and then treated her like shit ever after. It's disgusting behavior and they ought to be ashamed of themselves.

      Delete
  6. How this relates too anything is beyond me

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its amazing that you have never stopped to think how your actions maybe effecting this band? Did you ever think how your behaviour could be troublesome to them? Maybe they didn't want to treat you the way they did, but your behaviour and actions really left them no options.

    I find it hard to feel any sympathy for you, to be fair it sounds like you brought this all on yourself and the band have reacted in the best way possible. In time I hope you will see the same, you couldn't have expected to behave in such a manner and not get the reaction you did. If you do think your behaviour was acceptable then it shows you have learnt nothing from this experience.

    I hope you will move on from this and will be less negative about them in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Greer you were their most dedicated and enthusiastic fan by far. It's their loss not yours. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I used to be a fan of theirs but I really won't be listening again if this is how they treat fans.

    It's sad because listening to their lyrics I imagined them to be sensitive people who'd show empathy towards their fans. But it would seem not.

    Sorry Prides but I won't be supporting you no more.

    Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Greer I just commented on your previous post, I didn't realise there was more.
    Please don't waste any more time on this band, they don't deserve you. This has made me so angry. I liked them on Friday, they seemed a fun band. But this puts a whole new light on things. I can't stand that whole fake thing, when someone is nice just because the cameras are on them. Shame as Stewart seemed lovely, but then he would be up on stage. Lewis not making eye contact when you spoke, reminds me of my own petulant behaviour when I was a sulky teenager, but these are grown men and whether they like it or not, part of their job is to be nice to their fans.
    I hope you're doing ok now. Just remember you showed yourself to be the bigger person, good for you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had to unfollow Prides because I couldn't take any more of Stewart's selfies! Seriously how conceited can one man be?
    They seem less about the music now and more of an ego trip for their lead singer. So yeah it doesn't surprise me that they wouldn't care about upsetting a fan.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good to see that you're moving on. From reading your words I can see why the band and Lewis in particular reacted in the the ways they did. Can you see how your behaviour was very much like a stalker? Seriously. Just reading about it is disturbing. Your emotional reactions were very hard for them to process and very confusing too. Expecting these young people to have the insight and training of mental health professionals is unreasonable. I can see the bind they found themselves in. Lewis in particular was just protecting himself from your confronting behaviours. Sure, you had all the best intentions but I can tell you if I was on the receiving end of your obsessive attentions I would be in an uncomfortable bind too. Your neediness would be, quite frankly, scary. I'm sure it was very hard for Lewis to keep you at a distance. On one hand he knows that if he drops his boundaries with you, your obsession will be encouraged but on the other hand it's actually very hard to maintain appropriate boundaries and not appear to be rude. Believe it or not he didn't want to hurt you. The poor guy was conflicted between protecting himself and dealing gently with you. Yes, they made mistakes but imagine having to deal with a situation without adequate training or insight. But I can see you are an honest and talented person and you have a great capacity for insight. You are working through it. I just hope that you are coming to a place where you understand and love yourself enough to not be dependent on the approval of those who you project hero status on. All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Overheard at the Wardrobe last night "what happened to Lewis's fan-girl who used to be at every show?"

    You are missed. X

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete