Friday 27 March 2015

Manchester, March 2015

The 30th time I met Lewis was at the Albert Hall in Manchester on Thursday 19th March 2015.

This was the first date of Prides' UK tour supporting Kiesza.

I got to Manchester early in the morning as I was meeting my friend Tracey Faye, who had travelled all the way from Glasgow to see Prides! She is a very dedicated fan. We were staying in a hotel together and spent 2 hours getting ready, then we headed to the venue to see if there was a queue.

We got there at about 1pm and there was no queue yet, so went to a nearby bar, as we were both feeling a bit nervous and it seemed like a good idea to have a couple of drinks to calm our nerves...

Six rum and cokes later, we were both in very happy spirits! We saw Prides' van arrive and I went outside because I was going to go and say hello, but when I saw Lewis I felt too shy and I just couldn't!

At about 5pm we went to queue and we were the first there so we easily got to the front barrier inside the venue.

The Albert Hall is the most beautiful venue I've ever been to. I felt like I was at the church of Lewis!

We'd brought glow sticks with us and made ourselves glow stick crowns, bracelets and necklaces!



Prides' performance was amazing! They started with my favourite song, 'Out Of The Blue', which was a suprise! Usually I wouldn't want it to be the first song in their set, as I'd prefer to have it still to look forward to, but it was a really special moment as I'd been feeling very emotional and it was just so lovely to see Lewis again and for it to be my favourite song they played first.

I was really happy that they played 'Just Say It' which is my favourite of their unreleased songs, and 'Little Danger' too.  Tracey enjoyed most 'I Should Know You Better' which is her very favourite song, and also 'Higher Love' which she had made up her own dance for!

They finished with 'Messiah', as always, and Lewis got up on his drum, which made my night!

I had a really perfect view of Lewis throughout the set, as there was very little smoke, and the lighting was good for watching him too. He looked so handsome and his muscles looked bigger than ever!

After Prides had finished, Tracey and I went downstairs to wait to meet them at the merchandise stand. Stewart and Callum came in first. I apologised to them for things that had happened recently, and they both said it was all ok and gave me a hug. I felt so happy and relieved!



Stewart gave Tracey a hug and she gave him a glass of red wine. He drank some and then gave it back to her, so I guess it wasn't very nice! But she was happy because she got to keep the straw he'd drank from!

Here is a lovely photo of Tracey and Stewart!


Then Lewis came in and I said sorry to him, and he said it was all ok and I was so happy! It was so lovely to see him again and to talk to him, and he was as kind as always!


I'd had a new t-shirt made specially for this tour, and Lewis signed it for me.



Tracey and Lewis were talking about where she was from in Glasgow, and then she showed him a photo of a grumpy woman who had been on her train, which was quite random!!

Stewart's mum was there and she recognised me again and we had a lovely chat with her. She is such a nice lady.

Then me and Tracey got ourselves another drink (big mistake) and sat down for a bit. One minute Tracey was so happy and then next minute she was in floods of tears for no apparent reason! I tried to comfort her, but she was so upset. I went to have a quick word with Lewis about something, and then Stewart went over to Tracey, gave her a big hug and said 'Tracey's drunk and emotional!' He stood hugging her for a while, which was really sweet.

But then I started crying, which was really stupid of me, as there was nothing to be sad about. Then I spilt my drink everywhere, and 2 security guards came over and I thought they were going to tell me off for being drunk, but they just wanted to check that me and Tracey were ok, because they knew we'd been queuing for hours and they were worried that we'd had a bad night. We explained that we were both just really drunk.

We left soon after that. But I had another quick chat with Lewis before we went, and he was really kind to me, even though I was drunkenly crying at him. He said he'd see me tomorrow.

Then me and Tracey went back to our hotel and cried.

The next morning we woke up and were so mortified when we remembered what had happened. The thought of us sitting in a room where our favourite band were, and we were crying so much, all lit up by the glow sticks we were wearing... it's just the worst!! But at least we can laugh about it now and how stupid it was, and I am never getting drunk when I see Lewis ever again!

I do feel very ashamed that I cried when I was talking to Lewis, but he was still so nice and calm with me, and I am so grateful to him for being such a lovely kind person.

No comments:

Post a Comment