Thursday 26 February 2015

Aberdeen, February 2015

The 23rd time I met Lewis was at the Lemon Tree in Aberdeen on Friday 6th February 2015.

This was the second date of Prides headline UK tour February 2015.

I got to the venue an hour and a half early to queue, and I saw there were a few people stood outside. So I joined what I thought was the queue for Prides, but it turned out that I was in a bus queue. The bus arrived and everyone got on it and I realised I was first in the queue for Prides.

So I sat outside the venue by myself, and then I saw Lewis! He said hi and I thought he was going to cross the road, but he actually came over to talk to me! I couldn't believe it! He told me the venue was very different from Inverness with a much lower stage, and that he'd just been to the gym. I'd noticed there was a gym next door to my hotel and I asked if it was that one and he said yes! I got a photo with him and I was so happy I'd got to meet him at such an unexpected time.



A bit later I saw Stewart crossing the road and he said hi.

The venue was exactly as Lewis had said, with the lower stage, which was better for me as I am very short.

Prides' set was so amazing again, I thought they were even better than at Inverness. There was a brilliant atmosphere with the crowd singing along. It was so nice to hear 'Just Say It' again, it felt like I knew the song now. My highlight of the night was the mixtape, there are no words for how much I adore it.



After the gig, the band were at the merchandise stand and I met Lewis. He gave me a hug and I got a nice photo with him. He asked me if I enjoyed the gig and he said he thought it was better than the night before.



Another fan asked me to take a photo of her with Lewis, so I did but it took me a few attempts because I'm not very good at taking photos, and I never know how to use other people's cameras, and my hands are very shaky. Lewis said I'm the worst photo-taker in the world - and he's right! I wasn't offended, I like that he remembers things like that about me. Anyway the girl was very kind about the photo I'd taken.

I went back to meet Lewis a couple more times as I had some things I wanted signing. Then he said goodbye and he hoped I got home safely.

No comments:

Post a Comment