Friday 20 February 2015

Inverness, February 2015

The 22nd time I met Lewis was at the Ironworks in Inverness on Thursday 5th February 2015.

This was the first date of Prides headline UK tour February 2015.

The first support act of the night was Alice Bentley, who I'd never heard before. She is a very beautiful and talented young lady with a gorgeous voice. I really enjoyed her performance, in fact she was my very favourite of all Prides' support acts this tour. Also she is a lovely person too. While I was queuing outside the venue before the gig she walked past and said hello to me, which was really nice.

The second support act was Flyte. They had 3 songs in particular which I really liked, one of which was a new song and will be their next single, so I'm looking forward to buying it when it's released.

Then it was time for Prides! Their set started with 'Cold Blooded', followed by 'The Seeds You Sow'. The lighting was spectacular and they sounded even better than ever. Lewis looked particularly gorgeous, wearing a nice vest and his muscles looked even bigger than last time I'd seen him.

Then they played their new single 'Higher Love' with the whole crowd singing along. Next, Stewart said they were going to play a new song called 'Just Say It'. I didn't even know they'd written a new song and it was so exciting to hear it. Sometimes at concerts it can be a bit boring to hear a song you don't know, but that was definitely not the case here. It's an instantly catchy song, and by mid-tour I was singing along to it. Now it is actually one of my very favourite Prides songs. There's one particular bit of the song, which makes me feel so happy whenever I hear it.

The next song was 'Let It Go' which is one of my favourites to watch Lewis drumming. Then they played another of my very favourites 'Little Danger', followed by 'I Should Know You Better'. Then there was another surprise.. they did 'Strong Enough', the song they'd recorded with the lovely Lauren Aquilina. Lauren couldn't be there, so Callum sang her parts. This has become one of my very favourite live songs, as some of Lewis' drum moves during it are the most amazing thing I've seen.

Next was my all time favourite Prides song 'Out Of The Blue', and then came the biggest surprise of the night... Stewart started talking about how they'd done something very hard at the end of 2014 (which produced an amusing response from someone in the crowd that I won't repeat here!) I couldn't think what he meant and then he explained he was talking about their mixtape that they recorded of their favourite songs last year. I thought he was going to say they would play one of the songs from it, but no... they then went on to play the WHOLE mixtape live! I couldn't believe it, and I can honestly say it was the most incredible thing I've ever seen a band do. I already knew what talented musicians Prides are, but to be able to switch from song to song like that, and do the whole 9 minutes, well it was something else. I was absolutely awe-struck the whole way through it!

Then it was the last song of the night, and as always, they finished with Messiah. It got to the end of the song and I was hoping Lewis would get up on his drum like last tour, and he did! So that was the perfect end to what had been the most amazing gig I'd ever been to. It was even better than their last tour!





Afterwards, Prides came to the merchandise stand to meet their fans, as they usually do. I always get so nervous and excited before I meet Lewis, but for some reason it affected me more than normal, my whole body was shaking so much! I just get so star-struck whenever I'm near him. When he saw me he gave me a hug and asked me if I'd enjoyed the gig, and I got a selfie with him.



I'd had a new t-shirt made especially for the tour. I asked Lewis if he liked it and he said it was great and that he would sign the heart. So that made my night, having my idol sign my heart!



I also bought one of the new Prides t-shirts, and Lewis signed it for me.



Then I had something important I needed to do. One of my best friends, Lucy, is a huge fan of Prides, but sadly she was unable to go to any dates of this tour. I knew how upset she was about this and I wanted to do something to try to cheer her up. So I asked Stewart, Callum and Lewis if I could film a video of them saying hello to her and of course they agreed, being the lovely people that they are.  So here it is - Prides' video message for Lucy!


No comments:

Post a Comment