Friday 27 February 2015

Edinburgh, February 2015

The 24th time I met Lewis was at the Liquid Room in Edinburgh on Saturday 7th February 2015.

This was the third date of Prides headline UK tour February 2015.

I got to the venue early to queue and also because I'd arranged to meet some very special people there...  Earlier that day, Ian and Jordan of Something Something had asked if I could help find a ticket for their friend to go to the gig, so I was meeting up with them to give them the ticket.

While I was sitting outside the venue, all of Prides walked past me. I didn't notice till they'd gone past though, as I was busy tweeting my friend, so I didn't get a chance to say hi to Lewis. I was feeling a bit sad about that, and then suddenly I heard 2 people shouting my name and I looked up and it was Ian and Jordan, or the priests as I call them (because they were the priests in Prides' video for Messiah. Also they made that video, as they did Prides' other videos).

They both gave me a hug and it was so exciting to meet them both, as I am a very big fan of them. I had met Ian before at a Prides gig in Glasgow last year, but I'd never met Jordan. They are both such lovely funny people and they always make me smile. They gave me the cassette tape from the video for Messiah, to thank me for getting a ticket for their friend.  It was so kind of them, it is a really special thing to own, and I will treasure it forever.



Also they wrote me a nice note and signed it from the priests, which meant a lot to me.



I got a lovely photo with them and they made me feel even shorter than usual!



When I got into the venue, there was a girl next to me, Ailsa. We got talking and it turned out that I follow her on twitter, she recognised me as 'Lewis Prides Fan'! I spent the whole evening with her and she is one of the nicest people I ever met.

This was the final night of Flyte being part of the tour, and it was sad to see them for the last time. After their set, I met the singer and he seemed surprised when I said I'd seen them at every night of the tour. I explained I was going to every date of Prides' tour, and he said he hoped I would do the same for them one day.

Prides' set was amazing and again it was one of my favourite times of seeing them. The atmosphere was amazing, with the crowd singing along throughout. I'm not good at gig reviews, as I'm sure you've all noticed if you've read much of my blog! So I suggest you read Ailsa's review, which is a perfect account of the night:
http://throughthewiremusic.com/2015/02/17/live-review-prides-at-the-liquid-rooms-edinburgh-070215/

After the gig, we went to meet the band. I'd asked Ailsa if she wouldn't mind filming me while I was talking to Lewis so I could have a video to watch back to remind me of what it's like to meet him. She got such a lovely video of me and Lewis, and I am so grateful to her. I was talking to Lewis and he asked if I'd been staying in the Ibis last night, because he'd been to the gym again in the morning and he remembered I'd said it was next door. I was gutted when I found out that he'd been there after I'd left the hotel, it would have been so exciting to think he was next door in the gym! I told him that and he laughed. He's so lovely!

Here's the video:



I got some lovely photos with Lewis too. (well I look hideous, but Lewis looks so gorgeous!)





He signed the inside of the cassette card from Messiah and he said it was nice that Ian and Jordan had given it to me.



Then he gave me a goodbye hug, and as he always does because he's so kind, he said get home safely.

No comments:

Post a Comment