Friday 27 February 2015

London, February 2015

The 26th time I met Lewis was at Heaven in London on Thursday 12th February 2015.

This was the fifth date of Prides headline UK tour February 2015.

I got to the venue earlier than usual at 3.30pm. I was just going to have a quick look and find a bar to have a few drinks, but there were 2 girls already queuing outside the venue. So I thought I'd better start queuing too in case it got really busy.

These girls were such big fans of Prides that they'd been queuing since 11.30 that morning! I really admired their dedication. The longest I ever queued for Prides was 5 hours! I felt sorry for them though, they were so cold. I got absolutely freezing but I wasn't there for nearly as long as them.

Later I met up with my friends, and they were all wrapping me up in items of their clothing because I was so cold. It was so sweet of them. And they had brought glow sticks again!

Inside the venue I only just managed to get a front row place, as I got a bit confused on the way in, due to being on the guest list. But the fans I'd met in the queue kindly let me squeeze in next to them. The stage was very high up with a huge barrier.

We'd met Ally in the queue for the gig and he'd told us there would be lots of surprises and even more lighting tonight! The lighting was even more amazing than ever, it was the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen!

The highlight of the gig was when Lauren Aquilina came on stage to perform 'Strong Enough' with Prides. I'd only ever seen her once before at a festival last year, and it was so lovely to see her again. She is so beautiful and has the loveliest voice, and it was a really special moment to see and hear her and Stewart singing together.

There were more surprises, with confetti and balloons coming down from the ceiling.  I collected some confetti to keep forever, and one of my friends got a balloon for me, but we had to pop it when we went for drinks after the gig.

'Messiah' as always was a lovely end to the set. Unfortunately however the venue security staff were very strict and wouldn't allow a stage invasion, which was disappointing, but it wasn't Prides' fault. They had wanted it to happen.

Prides spent a long time meeting fans after the gig. I met Callum and he said Lewis was on his way.  I thought it was nice of him to tell me that. I had a really lovely chat with Callum, and I was talking to him about the first time I ever saw them at Lainfest. I said it was where I'd fallen in love with Lewis, and he said it had been the start of the 'romance'.  I like Callum, he's very funny!



When I was waiting to meet Lewis, I met Ashlea who is Prides' publicist. She is a very lovely lady and was so kind and friendly.



Ashlea introduced me to someone who said he was Lewis' biggest fan, but when he saw my t-shirt and heard about how many times I'd seen Lewis, he said I was the bigger fan. Then someone said to Lewis that his biggest fan was there, and he said I know and said hi Greer and gave me a hug and I could have died of happiness! I don't claim to be Lewis' biggest fan, I don't think you can measure how big a fan is by who sees him the most, I am lucky I am able to travel all over to see Prides, and I know not everyone can do that. But it is a big honour that he thinks I'm his biggest fan. Well he did then, I'm not so sure he still does. But I'm grateful he did once.

So I was talking to Lewis and then Ashlea was saying when is one of you going to get a tattoo of the other one. Well, I had wanted Lewis to sign my arm 6 months ago so I could get it tattooed, but he had said no because he didn't want to be responsible for me getting something for life. I asked Lewis again if he'd sign my arm, and he said no, but then he seemed to be thinking about it. Ashlea said maybe I should sleep on it. I said I'd been thinking about it for 6 months and I still really wanted a tattoo, and Lewis said it had been going on for a year (I guess that's what it felt like to him!!) So then Ashlea asked everyone standing nearby to vote if Lewis should sign my arm for me to get a tattoo, and most people voted yes!

So then my dream came true. Lewis signed my arm. He said he'd make it a good signature as it was going to be on me for life. And it was the most perfect signature ever. I can't even tell you how happy this made me!



I didn't get a photo while Lewis actually signed my arm, so then we did a reconstruction so I had a photo to remember the happy event.



And I got another really lovely photo with him.



I also got a group photo with Lewis and my friends, Simon, Gavin, and Mike, who I first met at Bingley last year and also at the Barfly.  They are big fans of Prides and lovely people who always look after me when I see them.



Then I had a quick chat with Stewart but security told me I had to leave the venue. Stewart kindly said I was with him and let me have a photo.



It was such an amazing night! I got to see my Messiah in Heaven, and my dream came true!

No comments:

Post a Comment