Friday 27 February 2015

Brighton, February 2015


The 25th time I met Lewis was at The Haunt in Brighton on Wednesday 11th February 2015.

This was the fourth date of Prides headline UK tour February 2015.

I've been to some beautiful places to see Prides, and Brighton is definitely one of my favourites! I had a lovely walk along the pier in the evening and I fell in love with the place!

After exploring Brighton, I went to queue outside the venue at my usual time of 5.30pm. I met up with 3 friends there, Jen, Fredi and Libbi, who are so lovely. I had met Jen before, most notably at Prides' gig at the Barfly last year, when she had gone up on stage with Prides for 'Messiah'! So I knew it was going to be a fun night...

The venue was nice and intimate, with no barrier in front of the stage, which is my favourite type of venue as you are really close to the band.

The first act tonight was Remi Miles, who I really enjoyed. Remi is an exciting performer to watch and his band were great too. I really liked the music, and Remi's voice is absolutely amazing!

The second act was Model Aeroplanes who were brilliant, although I could only actually see one of them as the smoke was so thick on stage. I later found out that the smoke machine had gone wrong. I really enjoyed their music anyway, they are a very talented young band and lovely people too.

Then it was time for Prides. Fredi had brought glow sticks and we all made bracelets and necklaces to wear! It was such a great idea which I never would have thought of!

Prides were amazing, Lewis was perfection and it was such a wonderful gig. By now I was happily singing along to 'Just Say It', and although I knew the set well, I still found it every bit as exciting as the first night of the tour.

They finished with 'Messiah' as always, and part way through the song Jen got up on stage! Prides loved it! Stewart invited Fredi and Libbi up too, and then there was a full on stage invasion! Even I went up! I went and stood at the back so I could be next to Lewis and it was the most amazing experience ever! I was stood right next to his drumkit and there he was and he was drumming! And then at the end of the song when he stood on the drum and I was right there next to him, I swear I nearly died of happiness!

So the stage invasion was a big success, all started by Jen! Prides loved it so much, they wanted her to do a stage invasion at London the next day..

When Prides walked off stage, and we were all still on there, I suddenly had a really bad idea... I went and took Lewis' drum sticks, his water bottle, his Red Bull can, and his towel. I know I shouldn't have stolen them from Lewis, and I repeated this mistake at a later gig too, for which I am really sorry. I'm not proud of what I did, but I can't lie - I am really happy to have these lovely souvenirs.



I drank what was left of the Red Bull, but I am saving the water forever. I will never use his towel, I keep it now in my drum case, where I keep all my band merchandise and souvenirs.

After the gig, Lewis spotted his drum sticks sticking out of my bag and he said he needed them for tomorrow. But he was only joking and he signed them for me and said I could keep them. I told him what other stuff of his I'd taken and he said 'you don't need all that!' But Lewis, I really do!!

That night I felt really shy around Lewis and I couldn't think of much to say to him, although I had lots I wanted to say. I still get so star struck when I meet him, some times more than others! But I got a lovely photo with him, it's one of my favourites of him.



Then he put a glow stick necklace on his head and I took a photo. I showed it to him and I said he looked cute and he laughed.


I got a group photo with him, Libbi, Jen, and Fredi. It's one of my favourite photos ever!



My friends told Lewis we'd all see him at London tomorrow and he said it was a date! So I kinda had a date with Lewis arranged... except not really.... well not at all! But a fangirl can dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment