Wednesday 14 January 2015

Bristol, October 2014

The seventeenth time I met Lewis was at The Old Bookshop in Bristol on Friday 24th October 2014.

This was the sixth and final night of Prides' headline UK tour in October. I felt very emotional as I didn't want the tour to end.

The evening got off to a lovely start when The Wild Curve dedicated 'Foreverever' (my favourite song of theirs) to me! They were on stage and their singer, Neil, said how I'd been to every show of the tour. That really meant a lot to me. As this was the sixth time I'd seen The Wild Curve, I now knew and loved all their songs very much. Tonight was my favourite time of seeing them.

Then it was time for Prides and they were so brilliant. The stage was so tiny but that didn't stop them from being their usual energetic selves. Their music sounded even more beautiful than ever, Stewart's voice so gorgeous, and Lewis' drumming was utter perfection.


I loved every minute of the gig so much, I never wanted it to end. When it got to 'Messiah' and Lewis stood on his drum kit and he looked so handsome... it was just the most wonderful moment.

After the gig, Lewis gave me a hug and asked if I was ok and we had a nice chat.


Then I went outside the venue to spend time with The Wild Curve. Kieran was teaching me about a drum rudiment in the street, and then Lewis came outside and he and Kieran were talking drumming again and I felt so in awe of them!

Then Lewis signed all my t-shirts and CD's I'd brought with me. He stayed to chat with me for a bit, and we were talking about band vests and him going to the gym, and other stuff, and it was really lovely to have such a long chat with him. He said he liked my t-shirt again, which meant so much to me. I told him that it was my birthday on Halloween and he said he'd send me a birthday tweet (which he did)! Then he said goodbye.


After that, The Wild Curve very kindly invited me for some end of tour drinks with them, which was lots of fun! Callum from Prides joined us for a bit too, which was lovely.

It was such an amazing end to the tour and I had the best time. I have the most lovely memories that will stay with me forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment