Sunday 4 January 2015

Lainfest, June 2014

The first time I saw Prides live and met Lewis was at Lainfest music festival on Friday 20th June 2014.

It was a lovely sunny day and such beautiful surroundings at Gopsall Hall Farm in Leicestershire.

I'd only heard of Prides a few days before the festival, but I instantly fell in love with their music and Lewis, so I was very excited to see them!

Their set was absolutely amazing, it was the best live performance I'd ever seen! I only knew a couple of their songs at the time, but I instantly loved the other songs too. I was totally in awe of Lewis' drumming; his energy and enthusiasm was so exciting to watch.

Earlier that week I had tweeted Lewis and asked if I could meet him at the festival, and he replied "yeah of course... always great to say hi".

After Prides' set, I saw him across the field, so I went over to say hi and he said "oh it's you!" I couldn't believe it, he actually recognised me from twitter! He was really nice and friendly, and stayed and talked with me for a while. I got my photo taken with him, which made my day!




Meeting Lewis was the highlight of the whole festival for me and I can honestly say he is the nicest member of any band I've ever met.


No comments:

Post a Comment