Saturday 10 January 2015

Manchester, June 2014

The second time I met Lewis was when Prides supported Foster The People at the Ritz in Manchester on Thursday 26th June 2014.

I arrived at the venue early to get a good place in the queue, and got to meet Lewis when Prides arrived. 




Prides were brilliant, and after they'd played they stayed to meet fans at their merchandise stand. It was so exciting to get to spend so much time with Lewis! I had a lovely chat with him; one of the things he said was he liked my tattoos, and I said I liked his arms. There was one moment when I was watching Foster The People, and Lewis was standing next to me and I couldn't believe that I was just standing there with my idol!




Lewis remembered that I'd asked for a drum stick at Lainfest and had saved one for me. After the gig had finished he said I could wait with him and he'd get it for me. Then security started telling everyone to get out of the venue, so I asked Lewis if I could stand with him and he put his arm round me and said if security tried to make me leave he'd show them his pass and say I was with him. 

So I got to stay inside for a bit, but then Prides had to go and do something. Lewis said if I waited outside the venue he'd come and find me. So I went outside and then Lewis got one of his drum sticks from the van for me. He said he'd made sure it was a very battered one, which was just what I'd wanted! 




Lewis asked me my name, and I was very surprised when Callum said Greer because he'd heard me tell someone inside the venue! Then Lewis gave me a hug and it was time for Prides to leave.

It had been such an amazing night! Prides are such a lovely band and so nice to their fans. It was so kind of Lewis to spend so much time with me, and I will treasure the drum stick he gave me forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment