Wednesday 14 January 2015

Glasgow, December 2014

The twentieth time I met Lewis was when Prides did a headline gig at The Arches in Glasgow on Saturday December 6th 2014.

I got to the venue in the afternoon to meet up with a couple of friends and we queued for 5 hours! It was nice because we were able to queue inside the venue and we kept seeing members of Prides walk past and we could hear their soundcheck. It was so exciting when I saw Lewis through the glass doors!

Then we saw Ally McCrae and he came to talk to us. He was so friendly and lovely, as always. He introduced us to Prides' other manager Joel Mark. I'd never met Joel before, but he recognised my Lewis Prides t-shirt and knew who I was from twitter. He was so lovely and he asked to have a photo with me, which was a huge honour for me.


It really means a lot to me that both of Prides' managers are so nice to me.

Then the queue started to get very busy, and we were talking to some other Prides fans who were lovely too.

When the doors opened, me and my friends got to the front centre of the barrier and so had the best view of the gig.

Jack Garratt was the support act. I'd seen him before at Leeds festival and really enjoyed him, and he was brilliant again tonight. My favourite song of his is 'Worry' and he did such a lovely performance of it.

Then it was time for Prides and they did the most wonderful show ever. Their lighting was so spectacular, it looked beautiful! It was the best live performance I'd ever seen. They opened with 'I Should Know You Better' and Lewis looked so gorgeous. His drumming was so perfect, and he did his famous 'drumface' and he was so amazing.





After 'Out Of The Blue', Prides went off stage and we were all cheering for them to do an encore and then the whole crowd started singing 'Messiah'. It was such a lovely atmosphere to be there with so many Prides fans.

The final song of the night was Messiah and it was so brilliant! Stewart stage dived into the crowd which was very exciting. At the end Lewis stood up on his drum kit and then he came and stood at the front of the stage. He was right in front of me and it was so wonderful!


Afterwards, my friends and I went to the merchandise stand to meet Prides, and I couldn't believe who I saw! It was Ian of Something Something productions; he is one of the producers of Prides' music videos, and also he starred in 'Messiah' as one of the priests, and 'I Should Know You Better' as the Yeti. I'm a big fan of his work and he's so funny; it was so lovely to get to meet him!


Then I saw Lewis was at the merchandise stand, so I went to meet him and he gave me a hug. He said he saw me at the front during the gig, which made me so happy to think that he'd actually noticed me there! He really is the loveliest person ever and so kind to all us fans. He signed my new t-shirt I'd bought and said I must have a lot of them by now!


Then I met Callum and Stewart who were both really lovely too, as always.



And then I saw Neil from The Wild Curve was there! I was so happy to see him again!


I got another photo with Lewis and I think it's my very favourite photo of me and him.


Then security told everyone to leave the venue, so me and my friends went to say goodbye to Lewis and he gave us each a hug.

We went and stood outside the venue for a bit, and Neil came to talk to us all, which was really nice.

Then I went back to my hotel and I felt like the happiest person alive. It was the best gig I'd ever been to, I'd met so many nice people, and most importantly I got to spend lots of time with my idol Lewis. It had been, I think, the best evening ever of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment