Wednesday 14 January 2015

Newcastle, October 2014

The eighteenth time I met Lewis was when Prides supported Lisbon at the Riverside in Newcastle on Saturday 25th October 2014.

This was the day after Prides' headline tour ended, and it was lovely to get to see them again so soon.

 I got chatting to some people who had been fans of Lewis when he was in Drive-By Argument, and it was nice to hear about his early days of being in a band.

Although Prides were the support band that night, it felt like they were the headliner, they were so good. They didn't do the full set I'd got used to on their tour, but they were on stage for longer than I'd expected and they played all my favourite songs. It felt weird not being at a gig full of Prides fans, but the crowd really enjoyed them and I think they gained lots of new fans.



Afterwards, I got to meet Lewis inside the venue and had a quick chat and got a photo.


Then I went and waited outside, as I wanted to say goodbye to all of Prides. After a while they came outside and I thanked them for such a lovely tour. Stewart said I'd seen them at their best and their worst, but honestly I only ever saw their best because they were always so brilliant! They all thanked me for coming to the tour, which was really nice of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment