Tuesday 13 January 2015

Brixton Video Shoot, October 2014

The ninth time I met Lewis was when Prides did a video shoot for Microsoft Lumia and invited fans to appear as extras in the video.

The video shoot took place at the Hootananny in Brixton on Wednesday 1st October 2014. When I got there I felt very nervous, as I'd never been to anything like that before and didn't know what to expect. I was sitting outside with the other fan extras, and then Prides came out of the venue to chat with us all. They were standing there and then Lewis smiled at me and I stopped feeling so nervous then. After they'd spent time with other fans, all of Prides came to say hi to me and they each gave me a hug. They were all so nice to me, and I got a lovely photo with Lewis.



Inside it was set up as if we were actually at a gig, Prides were on stage with their instruments. We spent the whole afternoon with Prides playing 'Messiah' again and again, while various different shots were filmed of the crowd and band. I got my hair styled by one of the crew and she actually made it look nice for once. Then she went to do Lewis' hair, and it was exciting to think that I'd had my hair done by the same person as my idol!

It was such an amazing afternoon; imagine getting to watch your favourite band on stage for 5 hours and getting to meet them too! It was my idea of heaven, I never wanted it to end. There was one scene where Lewis had to throw a drum stick for someone to catch; that was my favourite part of the whole thing.

After we'd finished filming, I waited outside to say goodbye to Lewis and I got another photo with him. It was the best afternoon ever of my life!



The finished video turned out really well. You can watch it here:




No comments:

Post a Comment