Monday 12 January 2015

Southsea Festival, September 2014

The seventh time I met Lewis was at Southsea music festival on Saturday 20th September 2014.

Prides were playing in Little Johnny Russells, which was a nice intimate venue. I saw Lewis when he arrived and got to quickly say hello. Then later I was standing by the stage and someone walked past me and said hi Greer, and I looked round and it was Lewis! That was a lovely surprise!

Prides were brilliant and the crowd were really enjoying them, but unfortunately their set was cut short.  Although they weren't on for as long as planned, the songs they did play sounded perfect and they were by far the best band I saw at the festival.



After their set, I went to wait outside the venue to try to get a photo with Lewis.  He was busy loading his drum kit into the van, but he kindly took the time to talk to me and some other fans. I asked him to sign my arm so I could get his signature tattooed on me, but he said he wouldn't because he didn't want to be responsible for me getting something done for life. At the time I was upset because I really wanted a Lewis tattoo (also I was very drunk!) but actually I think it was really nice that he cared enough to not want me to have something done that I might later regret.  He said he'd sign anything else I wanted, so I asked him to re-sign my Prides t-shirt (he'd already signed it at Leeds festival but it had faded in the wash).

I got a lovely photo with Lewis and I have such nice memories of my trip to Portsmouth!



No comments:

Post a Comment